Friday, May 16, 2008

Ahh!!! I couldnt vote this time :-(

Damn it!! what an irony it is... Got the first chance to vote and couldnt vote this time in Karnataka assembly elections. Lazy ? May be. But why cant we make things simpler? I am not the only one you know.

I was supposed to get myself registered. And I did not do it. Hence I could not vote. There were many people who did not know where to go to register. I understand ti sounds like excuse. But here is a point.

Why can't the registration process be made online? I mean, one anyways has to provide an identification. Hence the Election Commission of India should open up the concept of online registration. Then people having access to computer can register whenever they want using a certain mode of identification such as passport, PAN card etc. ONce they register using an identification method, they should be able to vote using the same identification. Is it too difficult?

That way I would have registered online and would have voted. I am sure so many people could not vote because they did register.

Let me see what the Election Commission says to my suggestion. I have sent the commission a small email.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Boss,

I would rather say why can't they make Voting online???

Keep security checks as many as possible and make us vote online.

Even I didn't vote this time coz I have to go back to native just for voting.
I prefer stating back and njoying my weekend here.

But lemme tell u, your mail, this attempt and thinking will not cum into picture in India at least for next 25 years. By then me and you will not be "Buda and Budi" :-( hahahahahahahaha

Somz! :-)