Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Confidence and Arrogance

Are these synonymous? Yet some times we confuse them to be same? In fact arrogance I feel breeds out of insecurity. And insecurity breeds out of lack of confidence. So it implies arrogance and confidence should be antonymous. Yeah I am not sure if that word exists in dictionary. You got it right?

Let me see what I perceive as confidence for myself. I am confident means:
  • I believe in myself above all.
  • I believe there are others from whom I can learn
  • I believe in interdependence.
  • I am humble to respect others' thoughts and beliefs
  • I believe life is beautiful
  • I believe for every problem there is a solution
  • I believe in empowering others
  • I believe I am the best but I want everyone to be excellent

When confidence and arrogance get muddled, it means :
  • I am worried about someone pushing me
  • I am worried about the world not doing justice to me
  • I believe in belittling others or trying to show my supremacy
  • Empowering others? You must be kidding
  • I believe I am the only best. Others go to hell.

As usual, the above are random ramblings straight from the heart though. :-) Thoughts? Add comments.

No comments: