Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Sad Routine

Well few hours back in the afternoon I wrote about the beauty of life, the beautiful weather in Bangalore and so on. I come home in the evening and turn on my TV only to see the horrific news on the Hyderabad blasts.

What a routine this has become. One thing has become for sure. No value for life. It needs paradigm shift in our culture to start valuing life.

Just a few months back were there blasts. What did we learn? Nothing.

Who cares for the lives lost? No one except the near families. What a shameful moment.

All that the mainstream channels keep doing now is focussing on the blood lying all around.

Some routine tasks happening :
- CM visits the blast site and appeals for calm.
- Manmohan singh, Sonia Gandhi, Pratibha Patil et al condemn the blasts
- BJP blames the UPA Govt.
- AP State Govt. thinks there is a hand of ISI in it.
- Home Minister calls this a dastardly act
- Forensic Team and dogs will fly down from Delhi
- Tough questions will be asked in Parliament. Not sure if they will be heard in the commotion

Do you notice anything new in the above actions? I dont.

After all the above everything will be forgotten. All of us will forget the lives lost. India will go to sleep only to be woken up by another shock.

But the families will never be able to forget the fact that they lost their dear ones when they went to see a laser show or to eat Chat. They will never be .

Why did we, most people become like this? Because, I, the common person has become extremely self centered. I want money. I want properity. I want a house. I want no hassles. I, I and I. I dont give a shit about the society and people around me. This is the reason why I forget whatever happens to others. As long as it does not happen to me.

But who knows when it happens to me? Everyone will forget. Sigh!!

And out of all this callousness and utter disrepect for human life will one day rise, volcanoes in the society craving for justice, values and above all, a dignified life. The pressure is simply mounting.

No comments: